Posted on Jun 24th 2022
The Fourth of July and
Art Are a Perfect Combination!
This 4th of July, squeeze in some messy art fun! Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create a magical sky-scape of fireworks reflecting on water.
- Art paper
- Washable markers
- Colored construction paper
- School glue
- Small container for water
- Paper towel
1. Start by thinking about all the amazing and massive fireworks you have seen. What colors are they? How big are they? Do they have any special details?
2. Now that we've thought about our favorite fireworks, begin by folding your art paper in half the long way (horizontally). Keep the paper folded and draw fireworks on the top half of the page. Make sure to fill up the entire space and have a few of the fireworks touch the edges of the page.
3. Next, unfold the paper, then refold the paper (horizontally again) so that this time the drawn side is on the inside, facing down on to the blank half of the sheet.
4. Now is when we get a little messy! Wet a folded paper with a damp paper towel, like you are applying a temporary tattoo. Don't miss a spot! Peel up the edges every now and then to make sure the colors are transferring.
5. Be super careful and unfold the paper. Set aside your masterpiece to dry on a table. Make sure that you are setting the damp paper on a washable surface, because some color may come through as the piece dries.
6. Once it is dry, frame with construction paper to finish your masterpiece!
Need More Art?
Does your child love to draw? How about getting messy with clay or paint? It sounds like you have a Kidcreator! From beginner to more advanced, Kidcreate Studio offers art classes for every skill level. At Kidcreate children’s art classes, painting classes for kids, drawing classes for kids, and clay classes for kids children learn about art masters, learn art techniques, and explore creativity! Sign up for a class today!
Find a Kidcreate near you at - https://kidcreate.com/locations
Kidcreate is an art studio just for kids that offers children's art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate Studio!
Make A Difference, While Making A Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art to positively influence the lives of children.
Try A Class For Free!
We are so confident you will love everything Kidcreate Studio has to offer your child, we invite you to come to the first class for FREE! Simply fill out our free class request form, and we will help you register for your child, completely complimentary!
Kidcreate Studio Newsletter
Classes, studio news, and special offers.