Posted on Feb 10th 2020
Clay Chocolate Kiss
Nothing says "I Love You" better than a hand-made gift!
Valentine's Day is all about showing those closest to us how much we love them. And what more iconic symbol of this love is there than a HERSHEY'S KISS?
This giant version of the signature candy is a fun project to make with your kids, and serves as a wonderful homemade gift to give a loved one this Valentine's Day.
The History of Hersey's Kisses
It is not known exactly how Hersey's Kisses got their name. The most popular theory is that the candy was named for the noise or perhaps the motion of the chocolate being deposited when the Kisses are made.
- Roll paper or plastic table cloth to cover tables (optional)
- Air dry clay (1-2 lbs.)
- 9" x 9" piece of tinfoil
- White paper cut into 3/4" x 11" strip
- Blue pen or colored pencil
- To prepare, cover a table with paper or table cloth to protect the surface.
- Start by grabbing a softball size piece of clay.
- Roll the clay into a ball shape.
- Next, roll the clay back and forth on the table while pressing on one side to form the cone shape of the top of the Kiss.
- Then, tap the bottom of the clay on the table gently a few times to flatten, completing the Kiss shape.
- Setting the clay aside, take your 3/4" x 11" sheet of paper and use a blue pen or pencil to write the word "kisses" over and over, just like a real Hersey's Kiss wrapper.
- Lay the "kisses" paper strip on top of the clay so it is sticking out above the clay.
- Tear a sheet of tinfoil to approximately 9" x 9", large enough to cover the entire Kiss.
- Wrap up the Kiss, leaving the "kisses" strip sticking out the top.
- TaDa! You have created a perfect Valentine's Day gift!
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children's art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art
to positively influence the lives of children.
. . .
Try A Class For Free!
We are so confident you will love everything Kidcreate Studio has to offer your child, we invite you to come to the first class for FREE! Simply fill out our free class request form, and we will help you register for your child, completely complimentary!
Kidcreate Studio Newsletter
Classes, studio news, and special offers.